Posted Tuesday, January 7th 2014 @ 1am
I'm counting it as a correct pick.
- Jameis Winston had a brutal first half, an okay 3rd quarter, and a Shut Up The Critics fourth.
- Auburn finally got Auburned. I'll admit, after the kickoff return for a score by FSU, I thought Auburn would march down the field, burn all the clock, and score. Giving the 'Noles the ball with 1:19 was too risky, even if the offense had been hot and cold all day.
- I'll be interested to see the numbers on the different ESPN broadcasts. After flipping around through the channels available to me (ESPN, 2, News), I landed on ESPNEWS and the Film Room broadcast. It was gloriously intelligent, yet low-key. Not even Matt Millen could ruin it.
- ESPN2's "Title Talk", however, was the worst Super Bowl party you've ever been to. Two guys who are talking way too much about the game, paired up with "Is the guy that snaps the ball just called a snapper?" (Direct quote, Cheryl Hines). Later on, Tim Tebown and Johnny Manziel came into the same room, and every ESPN executive excused themselves to the bathroom.
- I really wish I could have watched ESPN Classic's commentary-free broadcast. But it's apparently on another tier of channels.
- The Lego Movie? This is what we're doing now?
- BCS gets to go out on a pretty great note. Nothing wrong with that.